- Support catalytic approaches to accelerate regional access to improved water supply/sanitation services and improved hygiene behaviors.
- Develop and implement improved models for sustainability of rural and sub-urban WASH service delivery that are replicable throughout West Africa.
- Build synergies among WASH actions and critical USAID/West Africa regional priorities related to food security, climate change, and sustainable resource management.
- Strengthen the regional enabling environment and capacity for WASH to achieve WASH Millennium Development Goals in West Africa.
- Coordinate and support activities undertaken as part of the USAID/West Africa WASH portfolio
- Build institutional capacity of West African organizations with a mandate to work in the WASH sector on a regional scale
- Provide monitoring of USAID WA-WASH’s past projects to strengthen sustainability, knowledge management, and sharing and scaling-up of best practices.