From July 30 to 31, 2015, USAID WA-WASH will organize a training workshop on opportunities for integrating climate change risk and adaptation into development strategies for parliamentarians in Accra (Ghana). Through this worshop, the USAID WA-WASH Program aims to enable members of parliament to become familiar with the terms, definitions and tools for identifying impacts, vulnerability and adaptation capacity analysis. The training will focus on:
- The axes, actions and achievements of USAID WA-WASH;
- Issues of climate change and international negotiations;
- Trends and impacts of climate change in Ghana;
- Challenges and climate change integration into development strategies in Ghana;
- Tools for assessing impacts and vulnerability to climate change;
- The role of parliamentarians in promoting the inclusion of climate change into development plans.