From April 09 to 22, 2017, the USAID WA-WASH Monitoring and Evaluation team will visit a total of 20 villages of the Lawra and Nandom Districts in the Upper West Region of Ghana. The main objective of this visit is to assess the state of the facilities implemented during phase I. Specifically the mission teams will have to:
- Observe the condition of the infrastructures implemented during phase I (water points, sanitation and hygiene issues),
- Discuss sanitation and hygiene issues with committees/beneficiaries,
- Discuss water points management issues with committees/beneficiaries,
- Observe/note climate smart food security practices in farms,
- Discuss climate change and food security practices with farmers, including their legitimate concerns,
- Discuss gender mainstreaming strengths and issues with beneficiary communities,
- Share monitoring outcomes per District with municipal authorities to explore appropriate solutions for sustainability.