From May 1 to 20, 2017, the USAID WA-WASH monitoring team will visit a total of 32 villages of the Boucle du Mouhoun, Centre, Centre-Ouest, Est and Sahel regions in Burkina Faso. The main objective of this visit is to assess the state of the facilities implemented during phase I. Specifically the mission teams will have to:
- Observe the condition of the infrastructures implemented during phase I (water points, sanitation and hygiene issues)
- Discuss sanitation and hygiene issues with committees/beneficiaries,
- Discuss water points management issues with committees/beneficiaries,
- Observe/note climate smart food security practices in farms,
- Discuss climate change and food security practices with farmers, including their legitimate concerns,
- Collect water samples for microbiological analysis
- Share monitoring outcomes per region with municipal authorities to explore appropriate solutions for sustainability.